Our Building Bridges program is a specially designed program that ‘builds bridges’ between people and supports new and old comers in finding a home outside of home, while at the same time helping Germans get to know their new neighbours in a more transparent and positive way.
We do this by connecting a German national with an old comer who together form a team and work on supporting a new comer in starting a new life in Germany.
The teams then meet on a weekly basis to do an activity of their choice. In addition to that, we organise group meetings twice a month to bring the different teams together. These meetings include picnics, cooking together, going to musical events, team building events, amongst others.
Information over the program
Size of Group
2-3 hours per week
- Kick-off meeting and introduction
- More than 12 meet-ups that include free time activities, workshops and supervision
- You speak one of these languages fluently: German, English, Arabic
- You are between 18 and 27 years of age
- Über den Tellerrand e.V., Kitchen Hub, Roßbachstraße 6, 10829 Berlin
- Other event venues and parks
Contact of the program coordinator